Our blog has moved to a temporary url! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://66.147.244.208/~veganmu1/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Derek's Workout


Today was an exciting day (haha) because I was able to do a full-blown legs routine without my knee acting up. I went light on the exercises, but this is very much what one of my leg routines would normally look like. In the near future I hope to add more athletic exercises such as squat-jumps and set-ups, but for now this will do.

Exercise; Sets/Reps @ Weight:
(lbs)

After our workouts we have a protein shake containing one serving each of ON Nutrition's 100% Soy Protein as well as Arizona Nutritional Science's Nitro-Fusion multi-source vegetable protein. The shake also contains a fresh banana, a handful of fresh blueberries, and at least a cup of frozen cherries and strawberries, blended with 1 cup soymilk, 1 cup water.

I chose these shakes due to their excellent, plant-derived (no animal protein) amino-acid profiles. That said, I do not recommend a protein supplement for everyone. Studies have shown that excess protein consumption from all sources, but especially animal protein, places stress on the kidneys as well as other systems within the body. I'll go into more detail in the future, but for now I'd like to recommend protein supplementation as a means to an end (in this case, increasing body muscle-mass) rather than a healthy dietary practice

For more information on these protein supplements visit their websites at:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home