Our blog has moved to a temporary url! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://66.147.244.208/~veganmu1/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

12 Week Champions!

I want to take the time to give a belated congratulations to my Gold's Gym 12 Week Challenge winners Michael Stewart, Jeff Kroll, and Steve Zivich! That's right; this year not one or two but three of my clients won the competition in their age class. Looks like we're on to something here with beans, greens, and weight training! Thank you guys for all your hard work and dedication, and congratulations on all the improvements you've made in such a short time.

While I'm giving these gentlemen a shout out, I also want to thank Jeff for representing me with the awesome shirt below at a recent 10k here in Richmond.


And in case anyone is wondering just what sort of fuel Crossroads has to offer, you can check it out here.

Jeff also recently pointed out a great article on the risks of consuming dairy products to me. I have not gone into much detail on the topic here, but it is extensively covered in Dr. T. Collin Campbell's The China Study, and this article further supports many of his claims. If you want to give it a read, you can find it here:


Dairy: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid It At All Costs
After all, everyone knows that you need milk to be healthy. In fact, dairy is nature's perfect food -- but only if you're a calf.

Thanks Jeff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi Guys!
Just wanted to leave a quick comment and say THANK YOU for this blog! I am recently vegan and have been desperately trying to figure out ways to get enough protein and still be able to build muscle-so thank you so much for putting great information on here :) you both look great!

June 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Ryan Hill said...

Wow - this is really informative. I'd questioned the legitamacy of marketing programs promoting an increase in dairy products. It just doesn't make sense to ingest the milk of another mammal. Derek - I have questions about recipes as I'm interested in a vegan lifestyle. Look forward to chatting with you ....probably at Golds.

Ryan H.

June 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home