Our blog has moved to a temporary url! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://66.147.244.208/~veganmu1/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Plant-Based Ingredient to Aviod - Derek

Before continuing on our photo prep plan, I wanted to do a quick post on an interesting article Marcella recently pointed out to me. I have mentioned to many of you who see me regularly that plant-based doesn't always equal healthy. A great example of this is french fries. Another is high fructose corn syrup.
High fructose corn syrup is found in virtually all processed foods that are sweetened and has been for the past 30 years. It has often been blamed at least in part for America's obesity rates skyrocketing in the same time frame, but I had not seen any hard evidence supporting this fact until reading this article. You can see it for yourself here.
The take home message is avoid processed foods in general, and those containing high fructose corn syrup in particular. The processing destroys many of the nutrients found in the whole food, and the additives are... not good.


So until I get back to the shoot prep, avoid processed foods and if you have to indulge, go for real sugar. Oh, and beans & greens!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog and let me just saw I am definitely going back to being a vegan! I've been teetering between vegetarian and vegan for the pass 6 months and your blog and physique have inspired me beyond belief! I have so many questions! Are you guys on facebook or anything?

April 13, 2010 at 5:57 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Hey Jasper. Glad to hear it! And thank you kindly for the compliments. We are on facebook, but I for one don't check it very often. I believe Marcella might though. If you have any questions feel free to comment on here so everyone can read them, or for a direct response you're always welcome to email me at treesize@gmail.com. Thanks for reading!

April 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home