Our blog has moved to a temporary url! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://66.147.244.208/~veganmu1/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Is that all I'm eating?


I know Marcella is covering our meals, but for anyone who is curious I thought I'd mention that I also eat several other times throughout the day. I have always had a very fast metabolism, and with such a lean diet increasing my muscle mass takes a lot of food. To give you an idea of what I mean, I'll describe a typical day:

Breakfast: In addition to the protein smoothie I've described I have about a cup of oatmeal with flax meal, sliced almonds, and dried and fresh fruit mixed in. On rest days this is all I have.

Snack 1: A PB&J sandwich with de-fatted peanut butter and a low sugar preserve on sprouted grain bread. This type of bread is flourless, tasty, low glycemic, and very nutritious. A brand we often get is sold by http://www.foodforlife.com/ . I also usually have an apple or banana here.

Lunch: Varies daily, and will usually be posted. Today I missed my oatmeal at breakfast so I had it with a lunch of a huge spinach salad with tomatoes, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.

Snack 2: Varies based on whatever is handy. Today as an example it was strawberries, dates, as well as mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) dipped in home made hummus. Mmmm.

Snack 3: This was a Clif bar and an apple today, but sometimes I skip this one.

Snack 4: Another Clif bar, a large carrot and a pear. I don't recommend bars as a staple for anyone because they tend to have a lot of sugar and saturated fat, but I do keep Clif bars handy because they have pretty good stats and many organic ingredients, and of course they are very convenient. Check them out at http://www.clifbar.com/

Dinner: This is where Marcella shines. It will usually be posted, so just think something big and good.

Before bed: I will sometimes have a protein shake before bed if I am looking to gain weight or had an especially hard workout that day (like today). I'll mention again that protein supplements are a means to an end and not a healthy staple.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home